Deer of the Day, Dec. 7: Erie Diocese nun’s 10-point

21:23 Steampunk 0 Comments

Benedictine Sister John Paul Bauer, a theology teacher at Elk County Catholic in St. Marys. Pa., shot a 200-pound 10-point from her tree stand on opening day.

“It was positively thrilling,” Sister John Paul told eriercd.org , the website of the Diocese of Erie. “After I realized I got the deer, I thanked God.”

It was her third career buck in 15 years of hunting.

The diocese says Sister John Paul is a former U.S. Navy nurse. “I grew up with a family of hunters and I learned to shoot in the service,” Sister John Paul said in the web site’s story on the hunt.

Share your trophy photo in the NWPA Outdoors Hunting & Fishing gallery for your chance at being featured in Deer of the Day. Or enter it in the NWPA Outdoors Deer of the Month and Year Contest .

You Might Also Like

0 评论: