Love on a Rainy Day

16:00 Steampunk 0 Comments

No matter how hard we wish that it won’t rain (..or snow) on our wedding day, sometimes it just happens … especially here in Canada. For this next wedding, Jenn from Jenn Stark Photographers tells me it rained on and off the entire morning of the wedding.

Word spread that Andrew’s father had spent the entire morning trying to find tents to put up outside to give his son and new daughter-in-law the outdoor wedding they’d always imagined. And despite the near freezing temperatures and the rain that continued to fall, that afternoon Andrew stood at the edge of the green under a big white tent as Terra walked towards him through umbrellas and guests huddled together under thick winter jackets, and through teary eyes they said their vows to each other overlooking the golf course.

aw! As you’ll see, it was still a beautiful day.

Love on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy DayLove on a Rainy Day

One of my favourite wedding details has to be uplighting…it can transform a room into something generic to something absolutely wonerful.

Love on a Rainy Day

TERRA & ANDREW’S DECOR INSPIRATION: When Andrew and I first got engaged I was thinking summer wedding all the way. Fall wasn’t really an option until Andrew told me he has always wanted a fall wedding and to get married on the golf course, that obviously changed everything. When we started our planning we knew we didn’t want to do the “typical” fall wedding colours (red,orange,browns) instead I suggested purple (as its my favourite colour) and Andrew suggested green as it goes with the golf theme. I thought it would be a fresh look if we did a bright green vs a hunter green ect.

As a little girl I have always thought about my wedding. I would picture something grand, something over the top, and fabulous. Since then my wedding dreams changed a little, I still wanted something fabulous but in a smaller scale. I realized after graduating from interior design that the small details are the most powerful.

Our decor consisted of a ceiling canopy to make it feel more cozy and intimate. The centre pieces I wanted tall to give that grand feeling but I didn’t want it over the top. I think the floral company did such a great job with balancing the two. The back drop was simple yet powerful due to the up lit lighting..this is an example of the smaller details that add so much. To me that made the room, the purple lights just added something a bit different and I loved it.

Over all I think Andrew and I accomplished our wedding goals. We feel the day showed a lot about who we are as individuals and as a couple, from the guys suits with bow ties, to my dress, the food and decor. We were very happy with Listowel golf course, and our decorator Julia Weddings for everything they did for us that day and leading up to the day.

Venue & Catering: Listowel Golf Club
Photographers: Jenn & Dave Stark of Jenn Stark Photographers
Florals & Design by: Julia Weddings
Terra’s Dress: Sophie’s Bridal
Terra’s Make-up by: Nerea Garcia Roth
Terra’s Hair: Studio Belle Hair Design , New Hamburg
Cake & Cupcakes: Sarah Milloy

You Might Also Like

0 评论: