Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

16:00 Steampunk 0 Comments

Melissa Montgomery Photography shares a beautiful Morgan Creek Golf Course wedding with us today. It’s vintage-inspired in the colors of blue and green. No detail was left unplanned, so I’m sure that it will inspire you for your own wedding. Enjoy!

Says Melissa: Understanding. Love. Compassion and the “one” that compliments the other. Isn’t that what we are all searching for? Well, they found it and I could not be more happier to have watched it unfold.

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

What was your favorite moment from your wedding day?

Seeing Kyle for the first time. I arrived at our photo-shoot location and Kyle was waiting in a field –facing away from the limo. I got out and walked slowly towards him – I was so nervous. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around to see me for the first time. It was such a special moment – and the best part is we got so many awesome photos from it. My other favorite moments were the speeches, being in my parents’ bedroom with my mom lacing up my dress and the minutes just following the ceremony. The entire day was pure magic!

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

How did you two meet?

My husband and I met at a night club. I was a designated driver out for my friends 19th birthday party. Kyle initially began talking to some of my friends who then sent him in my direction where he introduced himself and sparked conversation. He “bought” me a glass of water and asked me to dance. In the end I gave him my number, which he called later looking for Ashley (my names Amanda). I only became interested when he called the next morning to apologize and ask me to dinner – the rest is history.

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

What was your inspiration behind your overall wedding decor and colour choices?

I love anything vintage, lace and rustic. I am a country girl at heart – so country-chic décor inspired me! I initially envisioned the room being all champagne and ivory. However, I also wanted to invite summer into my theme by using bright blue and green (which looked amazing on my bridal party and in my floral arrangements). I also love blue and green hydrangeas as they are such a perfect vintage color which went well with my theme.

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Green & Blue Morgan Creek Wedding

Do you have any advice for other brides/grooms-to-be?

One thing I really suggest is to keep everything in perspective by selecting the top three priorities and your bottom three priorities. For me, I wanted my guests to have a great experience. I looked at my wedding as a celebration but also as a way for thanking everyone who has been a part of my life and given me such an amazing upbringing. We wanted to treat our guests to fun activities, great food, free drinks and yummy treats! Things like invitations, huge centerpieces, and fancy lighting were just not a priority to me, so I allocated less of my budget to these items. Bringing me to another point – budget. Yes, I feel that my wedding gave us priceless memories BUT it is only one day. Be realistic and be prepared. Before looking at venues, dresses, cakes – you must set a budget. You will find so many things become emotional which can cause impulsive decisions. It is important to give yourself a day to think, be grounded and rational and to look into all options. Finally – enjoy the experience and process! This is you and your husband-to-be’s day. You will get so many opinions, but in the end this is something you only experience once and it should be exactly how you want it to be.

Photographer: Melissa Montgomery Photography
Venue: Morgan Creek Golf Course
Bridal Gown Designer: Maggie Sottero Purchased: Bridal Gallery Jewellery: Stella and Dot
Make up: Lisa Bastien at Blushworks Design
Hair: Kendra at Champers Hair Salon
Bridal Shoes: High Satin Blue: Payless Shorter Satin Blue: Town Shoes and Flats: Spring
Bridal Party Attire: Lisa’s Bridal (Jewellery: Forever 21)
Tux: Moore’s
Flowers: Flowers and Company in Langley
Cake: Starwood Cakes (Candy bar was done my MOB)
Wedding Coordinator: Jasmine Boyes
Decorator and Rental: Jill from Jack and Jill Weddings
Caterer: Morgan’s Creek Banquet Staff
DJ and Photo booth: Jeff from Xtreme Customsound
Officiant: Marilyn Knipp
Wedding Favors: Photo booth pictures and thank you boxes filled with candy bar
Wedding Song: God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton
Limousine Service: Sliver Lady Limousine

You Might Also Like

0 评论: