Our Labour of Love – The Invites

16:00 Steampunk 0 Comments

FINALLY the time has come. I got off my butt and got those invites done, with the help of my mother (thanks mom!), crafty soon-to-be mother-in-law, and my MOH. They were definitely a labour of love because countless hours were put into designing them and our hands/brains were tired after putting about 80 together. There were points where I questioned why I didn’t get them made for me, but I knew how important it was to put my stamp on them. I wanted them to scream “Jason & Melissa” and have it be something I could personalize and detail.

Our Labour of Love – The Invites

I definitely wanted something that was similar to my save-the-dates – modern, simple, yet chic. It took me a while but for some reason I started having an affinity for squares which I lined along the main invitation card and used throughout the other pieces (RSVP, website/details). The two green squares represent Jason and I, although I doubt anyone will notice it. I also created wrap-around labels with the same square motif.

Our Labour of Love – The Invites
Jason pretty private when it comes to showing things online, so I had to blur out some of the details in the images. But you get the idea!
Our Labour of Love – The Invites

The map took the longest to design, but all in all, entirely worth it because it turned out well. In line with my green/white/black/grey wedding theme, the borders of the individual pieces within the invitation set varied from black, charcoal grey, to a light grey. The belly bands (piece that holds everything together with our initials) were so helpful because they held all the cards together so guests could easily remove them from the envelope.

So if I had to go back and do it all over again, I would. Despite all the cost of supplies, it was entirely worth it, and it was a fabulous learning experience.

You Might Also Like

0 评论: