Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant

04:43 Steampunk 0 Comments

Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant

Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant was a fun stop for my family on vacation. Americana? Yep, Americana. That is what I would call this. It was kind of a hybrid ’50’s style diner with ice cream, food, and a candy store. It was all decked out with license plates and other similar decorations but with a carnival twist. They describe themselves as “South Florida’s Favorite Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor and Restaurant!” They might have a point too.

Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant

There was lots for the kids to play with including a little carousel, those displays you stick your head through to take a picture and more. But, one thing in particular caught my mind. A hurricane simulator. I thought it was funny they had a game where you could go into this little box, close a clear door and experience hurricane-force winds. Coming from the North, I wonder if this, to the Floridans, would be like Minnesotan’s climbing in a freezer in the summer to experience a mild polar vortex. I had a little chuckle over that one.

Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant

Inside Jaxson’s Ice Cream was a bustling restaurant with great looking food. Next time I go I will make sure to have lunch there. They have food ranging from hot dogs to great looking sandwiches, and gourmet burgers.

Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant

My family just ordered ice cream and it was delicious … until Jack dropped his on the ground. Luckily the staff at Jaxson’s were all over it. They cleaned it up and brought a new cone for jack right away. Jaxson’s is a great little hole-in-the-wall stop. If you are traveling on the Federal Highway through South Florida, look this one up.

Food Advertising by

Jaxson’s Ice Cream is located in Dania, Florida on Federal Highway 1. When I looked the restaurant up on Google maps, I was shocked it only had four stars. I logged on and gave it a 5 star recommendation. If you want to find it, go to jaxonsicecream.com.

You Might Also Like

0 评论: