Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]

17:00 Steampunk 0 Comments

This wedding can best be described as glamorous! Katch Studios sent over Davina & Brian’s wedding and I am so thrilled to be able to share it. I’d say that the wedding has a real modern ‘vintage’ feel to it which is a nice twist to the weddings that I normally post. Davina was lucky enough to have five…yes, FIVE wedding gowns! Like any girl I know, it was just too hard to decide so why not have multiple?

Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]

From Kat (Katch Studios): “The portraits location was chosen to fit in with the vintage, classic theme of the wedding -fields, white fences, giant trees and fruit stand”

Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]

[picture below] Says the beautiful bride: “It’s funny because I have never really nailed my “inspiration” down to anything … in general, all I wanted was something classic, nothing too dated and something lively… and Brian just wanted something classic.

I wanted a little mysticysm, lots of romance and a big reception that reminds me of my frequent family gatherings. The closest thing I had that could resemble what I wanted …was in the Edmonton Journal, when they showcased the movie Alice in Wonderland. They had oversized plants, lots of green and tonnes of what I felt was intimacy… so I kinda went with that for the photographers. ;] I was very adamant that my centerpieces would be “live” and not just a bunch of dead, cut flowers. I liked the idea where guests could bring the centerpiece home from our wedding… and it would stay alive as long as you took care of it (in contrast to a bunch of smelly dried flowers in swampy smelling water a few days later)”

Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]Real Wedding: Davina & Brian [Edmonton, AB]

Congrats Davina & Brian! Need more? Check out Katch Studios for more vintage sweetness. xoxo

From the bride:

Photography: Katch Studios | Cake: La Favorite | Flowers: Graham and Lane
Dress: Custom made from overseas. It’s really hard to pick a favorite, which is why I got so many haha… but if I were to try one on right now.. just for kicks, I’d likely try on the one I wore when I did the father-daughter dance ;] | Wedding planner: NO ONE!!! (this is the best part!!) | Tuxes: Derks | Venue: Oasis Edmonton Conference Centre

You Might Also Like

0 评论: