Real Proposal: F + J

16:00 Steampunk 0 Comments

Craigslist lovers: it’s true! Federica + Jason are proof that love can be found in the most unexpected of places. When Federica relocated from the Colorado Rockies to DC in 2011 for a job opportunity, she took to Craigslist to search for a new place to call home. Little did she know, she was only a few clicks away from coming across an ad that Jason + his roommate had posted, in search for someone suitable enough to occupy their third bedroom. As you can imagine, the rest was history. Enjoy their story through the eyes of Federica!

“We hit it off right away and a real friendship ensued. The next chapter in the story (i.e who had romantic feelings for the other first) varies depending on which party you ask, but what’s important is that our friendship turned into a mutual romance and eventually true love – all from a Craigslist ad.”

“About 1.5 years prior to the proposal (and really before we had talked seriously about getting married), I convinced my sister we should go into some jewelry stores to try on rings just for fun. I loved trying them on, but also felt stupid for doing it before seriously discussing it with Jason. When I returned home, in fear that he would find out and I’d be embarrassed by the whole thing, I decided to confess. That’s really the last time we spoke about it and while we talked about our future and getting married I always thought I would definitely know when he was going to pop the question. Well I was wrong! On Christmas Eve after a romantic dinner together, while we were drinking some wine and talking he said he had a special stocking stuffer for me. He got down on one knee and popped the question with the most perfect ring. I was so shocked and surprised that it took me a few minutes to get any words out, but when I finally did I said yes of course!”

Real Proposal: F + J

F +  J with their cute companion, Leo!

Credits

  • Birds of a Feather

You Might Also Like

0 评论: