Bride Blogger Update: Say Cheese

17:00 Steampunk 0 Comments

Today, Marybeth is back to let us know about her the awesome decision for the setting of her e-photos!

***

While James and I have been engaged since December, we still have not done our engagement photos.  Initially, I thought it would be beautiful to have our pictures done while the cherry blossoms were in bloom.  I pictured us posing along the Tidal Basin and sitting on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial.  Then I started thinking about all the other things that come with the cherry blossoms, huge tourist crowds and crowded metro cars.  Yes, we could pose on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial, but did I want 200 of our closest strangers in the background of our pictures?  Not to mention the unpredictability of the blossoms and when they bloom.

So the cherry blossoms were out, and then our planner brought up something I hadn’t even thought about, the photographer for our engagement photos should be our wedding photographer.  Not only do most wedding photographers include an engagement session in their packages is also an opportunity for your photographer to get to know you and how you both photograph.  That last part is huge for me as I am not the most photogenic person.

Okay, our wedding photographer would do our engagement photos, but before choosing a photographer we needed a wedding date, which of course meant we needed a reception venue and a church.  Six months later, as you have seen from previous posts, we have our church, venue and date. BUT…it has been 100 degrees with 70% humidity, how pretty would I look with flat hair and melting make-up?

All that in mind, we settled on a date in September for our engagement session.  Next we had to decide where we would take our photos.  I drive by Glen Echo Park on a regular basis and always love looking at the retro sign, especially at night with its neon colors.  I started thinking that the park could be a pretty cool place for pictures.  One evening I Googled “Glen Echo Park Engagement Photos” and it was confirmed – it would be an amazing location!  Did I mention they have a carousel?  Below are my favorite photos that came up during my search.  In September I will share some of our photos with you.

Bride Blogger Update: Say Cheese Photography Credit: Michelle Lindsay Photography

Bride Blogger Update: Say Cheese Photography Credit: Lydia Jane Photography

Bride Blogger Update: Say Cheese Photography Credit: Maria Vicencio Photography

You Might Also Like

0 评论: