Everything Etiquette – Part II

16:00 Steampunk 0 Comments

I hope that everyone has enjoyed the beginning of our etiquette series – I know I sure have!  Today we will move on to a variety of difficult situations brides often face while planning their wedding…

“How do I send out invitations to people who are living with extended family?”

Good question! If an extended family member is living together, such as “John Smith” and “John Smith Jr”, you should send separate invitations to each individual or couple.  Even if extended families are living under the same roof, invitations to both parties make it clear who is included.  Names listed on the invitation are clear designators of who is invited, and this rule can be carried to an “adults only” weddings as well.

Everything Etiquette – Part II Cheree Berry Paper

“Do I need to make menus for my seated dinner?”

No, it is not necessary that you created menus for a seated dinner. However, it would be very thoughtful and helpful to do so for a variety of reasons. For guests who may have allergies or special dietary needs, some form of a menu is great to offer.

For unique, ethnic, or regional cuisines, menus can also start great conversations! Lastly, some people  simply would like to know what they are eating. For example, I tend to pick out what I am eating at a restaurant before I even get there – what can I say, I just get excited!

So, if you are not interested in a typical “menu card” at each place setting, consider something outside the box- such as family style chalkboards, or interactive  menu wheels and “cootie catchers”.  How fun!

To all of our wonderful brides – what was your most difficult situation you faced while planning your wedding? Thanks, and stay tuned for next week!

You Might Also Like

0 评论: