Bridesmaids In… White?

17:00 Steampunk 0 Comments

Bridesmaids In… White?

{If my lovely bridesmaids happen to be reading this, it might come as a bit of a surprise.}

So etiquette says you don’t wear white to a wedding. That’s reserved for the bride. Or is it?

There are lots of things about our wedding that you might consider “non-traditional” so why should the bridesmaids dresses be any different? Let’s face it, your traditional run-of-the-mill bridesmaid dress is not always the most fun piece of clothing to purchase or wear. It’s pretty common nowadays for bridesmaids to wear different styles in the same colour or multiple colours, even patterns! Pinterest is full of amazing examples of non-traditional bridesmaids’ dresses.

Even this Wedding Obsession feature from last week; I love the checked dresses on the bridesmaids pictured below. (Such a cute wedding by the way.)

Bridesmaids In… White?
image by Mimmo & Co.

I also love this option that I came across:

Bridesmaids In… White?
image via Wedding Bells , by Jesslaine Elise

Originally I had planned for the girls to pick different styles from Etsy designer Amanda Archer and have them made in gray. I love her designs, since they’re less formal, in my opinion. They would really fit the style of our wedding. Then plans for the groomsmen’s outfits changed and gray went out the window. So then I thought they could wear varying warm shades that matched the theme of the wedding, because I couldn’t make up my mind on one colour. Now I’m second-guessing myself.

Randomly last weekend, I wondered what if they wore white dresses? White dresses, with accessories in the bright warm shades like pink, yellow, and orange.

After a quick Google search, I realized it wasn’t totally unheard of. Might shock the grandmas a little bit, but it’s not the craziest thing in the world.

Bridesmaids In… White?
image via Style Me Pretty , by Jason Burns

Bridesmaids In… White?
image via Atlas & Campbell

Bridesmaids In… White? image via Southbound Bride , by Ryan Graham

I told one of the girls what I was thinking and she was all for it. The guys could even wear coordinating shoes in colours to match the girls’ accessories. Or does that seem over the top?

I still can’t believe how indecisive I’m being. But with more than 300 days to go, and all the “big” details nailed down, I’m not really feeling much pressure. It’ll be easier to pick a style for the girls once I’ve picked my dress. Hopefully that will all be figured out by the end of August.

What you do you guys think about white bridesmaids dresses? Fun or no-way?

- Krista

You Might Also Like

0 评论: