Mastering the double haul

12:34 Steampunk 0 Comments

Each of the few times I’ve gotten a double haul right and landed a fly somewhere in the next county, I’ve spent the next moments marveling at the wonder of the technique instead of fishing out the cast.

I once watched Lefty Kreh double haul in a gymnasium like he was Mark Price shooting a free throw. I’m all Shaquille O’Neal. Trout don’t even need to employ the Hack-a-Matt strategy against me; I roll it out on my own.

I take solace in the fact I’m not alone in my brickness, and that there are so many skilled casters around to keep after the likes me. Here’s some advice from trusty Phil Monahan , and, even better, a video presentation from the exceptional Joan Wulff (if you’ve never seen the whole video , do yourself a favor).

You Might Also Like

0 评论: