Ride in Style for the Price of a Taxi All Over the World
The first global private car service smartphone app was launched in New York on October 17, 2011. Groundlink , as it is called, allows users to book a private driver from their smartphones from wherever they are in the world. The difference with New York, however, is that they have the option to “Ride Now” and “Ride Later” while other cities only have the option right now to “Ride Later”.I actually had the pleasure of testing this service out myself this past week. While I couldn’t download it on my Android phone for some reason, I was still able to book the car from my computer. Before heading for my train, I reserved a black Lincoln town car to pick me up from Penn Station and take me down to the Openhouse Gallery in Little Italy. I arrived a bit earlier than I said I would, and the driver was actually already waiting! Best of all, it wasn’t awkward because the driver sends a text to your phone when he is leaving as well as when he is there, so you’re not being a weirdo peeking into random black cars. The car smelled brand new and looked spotless. I felt like a high roller driving around in style. And when I realized I had accidentally given the driver the wrong address (I was in a rush that morning!) he was really nice about it, just having me call his dispatcher to give the new address. When it came time to pay, I wasn’t surprised by any hidden fees (when you make the reservation they tell you exactly what you will owe). For a 15-20 minute drive, the total was $21.33 including tax and tip. How sweet is that?
This app is free to download.

0 评论: