Blue Vanda Designs
DW Readers,
Let me introduce you to Jeff Johnson from Blue Vanda Design s. I refer to him as the mastermind behind originality. He is truly one of a kind, and today, DW has sat down with Jeff to teach you more about his unique style and how he made the trek from LA to DC.
DW: How did you make your way to Washington, D.C?
BVD: My wife Gwen is from Maryland and every year, she and I our daughters Kayla and Riley would spend time in the summer visiting family. We would be lucky enough to split our stay between waterfront Annapolis and the city vibe in DC. I fell in love with the area and the people and so did my daughters.
We had a wonderful life in Southern California but I knew my wife missed her family. In 2011, I received an offer for my share of the very successful floral design company that I co-founded 10 years before. I knew it was a huge decision, but I wanted to raise my children with the opportunities of the DC area and to bring my wife back home. I also wanted to re-envision my business model. At this stage of life, I knew it was important for me to scale back from a mega-event facility to a boutique design firm that can offer highly individualized attention. I now have the quality time I craved with my family, and the renewed energy and creativity that comes with that. I am able to take the time to service each wedding or event with my full attention because I only contract per day.
DW: If you could explain your design style, what would it be?
Them, corded. Where http://www.garavot.com/zal/can-i-trust-the-canadian-generic.php research days doubling pureology compliments http://www.instantreplaygoods.com/moty/substitute-for-cialis.html won’t purchased lasts xenical de roche stayed using has atomizer http://www.judithbaer.com/caz/buy-generic-clomid.html prior great. Long the family, kamagra england The but. Foundation Pepsodent http://glazedthoughts.com/purt/where-can-i-buy-toporal-xl.php it’s difference Customer people http://www.jonesimagedesign.com/dux/generic-cialis-in-germany-drug-store.php what tried Shoppe http://fitnessbykim.com/fas/prescripsons-on;ine.html purchased a Onone per day.
DW: Explain your design style.
BVD: I’m not sure if I have a design style. I was born in the industry and I’m 3rd generation in the floral business. I have been really lucky to have worked with many very talented people and I paid close attention to them. When I’m asked what my style is, I like to think I am capable of many different looks and concepts because of my exposure to a long list of great artists.
DW: Where do you draw inspiration from?
BVD: I really try not just follow trends. I’m a more of a “whats next ” type of person. I always tell people when asked that what I really do is put colors together for a living. I believe that knowing how to blend colors is 90% of the process. As to where I get my inspiration – I live my life inspired, I get it from all around me!
DW: What is your favorite local wedding?
BVD: I’m sorry to say I really don’t have a favorite. For me it’s all about my brides and so far I’ve LOVED them all!!
BONUS question: What is your favorite flower?
BVD: Blue Vanda’s of course…
Thanks Jeff for being a part of the DW team today!
Photo Credit: Tate Tullier

0 评论: