Bride Blogger Introduction: Marybeth

17:00 Steampunk 0 Comments

Today I am getting back on schedule with our weekly Tuesday posts by a Bride Blogger and I could not be more excited to introduce our newest writer, Marybeth!  She is full of wedding knowledge and has her personal bridal perspective to share! Get ready to hear about her wedding plans for the next 12 months  – Oh yah, yah, yah!

***

Hi Everyone –  I am almost as excited to share my planning experience with you all as I was to get started planning!  Last week my fiancé and I hit the 1 year countdown mark until our May 26th 2012 wedding and we are slowly checking off the big planning items.  But first I want to introduce myself and my fiancé James

James and I met through a mutual friend at a happy hour at Caddies in Bethesda. After a few months and a failed attempt to set James up with one of my close friends, James asked me out to dinner.  Four and half-years, 1 dog and two apartments later, James proposed on Christmas morning with a beautiful ring he designed with the help of his Aunt.  It wasn’t an exotic location, or big fanfare, but it was James and I alone together (unless you count our dog Bruno who watched expectantly) and it was perfect.

Bride Blogger Introduction: Marybeth

After our engagement, we did what everyone says not to do and jumped right into wedding planning.  Since I work full-time and go to grad school, I thought the lull of January was a great time to just dive right in and start planning, I was wrong.  After about two weeks I was frustrated and exhausted from all the wedding talk.  Should we get married in DC or near the water in Maryland, should we do it before I finish school or after, get married in a church or outside?  My head was swimming with all the options and I was missing out on enjoying our engagement.  James and I decided to take a break from all the wedding stuff and began thinking about hiring a wedding planner, which we ultimately did do.  The break gave us an opportunity to celebrate the next phase of our lives and gave me time to buy at least 20 wedding magazines to flip through and get a better idea of what I liked and didn’t like.

Next week I will fill you all in on our decision to hire a wedding planner and venue search.  Oh and did I mention, James’s sister, who is now one of my best friends, is getting married in September and both James and I are in the wedding?  It is wedding overload, and I will share details and experiences from both weddings with you.

You Might Also Like

0 评论: